Sunday, February 13, 2011





            My experience on the project thus far has been… well, kind of confusing.  Basically, I am still trying to figure everything out.  I have worked on the fire aspect of the four elements.  I am starting out painting the cells with yellow, orange and red ink.  Then I started to scratch some of the ink off and continued to add more of the same colors to the clear strip of film. I also used a mix of oil and ink.  This method broke the ink up more instead of being a solid mix.  I’m not finished yet, for I want to add more to this part of the element.
            The other elemental aspects have not been thought of much yet.  Mainly, I’m waiting to see what I can do in the dark room.   I really do not know what direction I’m going with this project.  Maybe that’s good… maybe bad.  I do not really know, but I feel like going with my gut on this project.  I think that will make the project more interesting.  I want to try printing on the film like we saw/talked about in class.  I am also interested in seeing what I can do in the dark room.  I want to know how that works and I’m interested in seeing what I can creatively do with that aspect.

            I really do not know how my partner did in the dark room. They really liked it though.  My partner said that it was really enjoyable.  So, needless to say, I’m excited about going into the dark room tomorrow.  My partner did not really say what they did on Monday, but this person really enjoyed it.  This seems like good news because I have enjoyed everything that we have done in class thus far.  As I have stated before, I’m not into Avant-garde filmmaking, but I do enjoy what we are doing.

            Working without a camera as a whole is quite interesting.  I have not made a film without a camera before.  This experiment is very enjoyable, for it reminds me of being in an (visual) art class.  We are making art instead of pointing a camera and shooting a subject.  I think by starting out with a “cameraless” project will help us become more creative on future projects.  We will be able to use a camera, and also use different techniques to make a more interesting film.

No comments:

Post a Comment