Monday, April 11, 2011

Beet Stretch (9v2 m 2)


My thoughts on Beet Stretch… Well, I cannot say that I’m really impressed by this form of music.  I listened to “9v2 m 2” from the beginning till about an hour into it.  In that hour I kept feeling like something was going to happen.  Like it was the beginning of a concert.  The fact that everything is slowed down is relaxing, but I wouldn’t listen to this on an everyday basis.  It’s great that someone can do manipulate this music, but if someone is going to listen to Beethoven’s 9th then he/she should do that instead of listening to this version.
I really didn’t understand how the process was complicated to do.  Slowing it down without losing the pitch of the music?  It’s not something I would really look into doing, so I really don’t care.  I just think that a person shouldn’t do this to another persons work and try to sell it.  That’s a cop-out… Now, if this person did an original piece and wanted to slow it down, then go for it.  At this point you are just trying to cash in on something that they really didn’t manipulate that much.
Not that this is all bad. I said before this is very relaxing, and I could fall asleep to it.  So, not thinking about this music too much would be relaxing to try to sleep to.  The music itself sounds like I’m looking into the sun setting for the day.  Except in this instance, the sun is taking an extremely long time to set.  The other good thing was that I was cooking while I was listening to it.  I felt like I was a chef... Okay, that was dumb.  But, it was like a scene from a movie when someone is cooking, and they play that crappy music to make it look classy.  That’s what it seemed like.  To bad I was just making Ramen Noodles…

After I stopped listening to it, I pressed stop.  It was like everything was uplifted from me.  Because I had felt like a lot of noise was just being fed into my brain.  The first thirty minutes wasn’t bad, but after that I kept looking at the time to see when I could stop listening.  The music (if you wanna call it that) became noise after a while.  I really couldn’t take anymore than what I heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment